Jezebel Pork Sandwiches
sooo, i have a confession to make. and i really hope we can still be friends afterwards. i’m not really into sandwiches. they just aren’t my jam (that’s right. i said it like that.). unless, of course, they have jam on them (aka peanut butter and…jam). slimy, prepackaged lunch meat makes me want to just not eat. which isn’t usually a thing. because eating is almost always the best.
but, i am willing to make an exception for this sandwich: enter shredded pork, soy sauce, pineapple (!), apple jelly, annnnnnd ciabatta rolls. i’m. in. heaven. this is the new standard for all future sandwiches. it’s gonna be tough for them to measure up.
plus- (i know- it gets better!) you can cook this bad boy in the slow cooker, aka my bff. cooking things in the slow cooker kinda makes me feel like i’m not actually cooking and i love it. you can toss in all the ingredients, turn it on to low, and then chill out with some wine and 20 seasons of
America’s Next Top Model some show that isn’t trash. you know, a documentary or something.
plus, i’ve noticed that i don’t tend to hate leftovers that come out of my crockpot. normally, i have a strict leftover ban that has been going strong since childhood. cold pizza? pass. leftover fries? no thank you. chicken casserole from last night? nope. not today sir. (obviously all forms of dessert get a pass). but for whatever reason slow cooker meals get exempt from this rule. and i am just fine with that.
so here is how you bring this awesomeness to your life: pop a pork loin in your slow cooker. it’s going to shred and it’s going to be awesome, trust me. once its done cooking and you shred it, you are going to mix in the jezebel sauce ingredients. genius. sometimes, i surprise myself (mostly though i just make messes and disasters). then you’re going to top it off with some mozzarella cheese- its just light enough to not clash. trust me, you’re gonna want to go with the cheese.
annnd enter your new sandwich obsession.
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 pork loin
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 T. soy sauce
- 1 jar pepper jelly
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 T. ginger, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Lightly brown pork loin. Place pork loin into slow cooker. Cover with garlic powder. Whisk chicken broth and soy sauce together and pour over pork loin. Cook on low for 7-8 hours (or high 4 hours).
- Once pork loin is done cooking, use two fork to shred in the slow cooker.
- Combine pepper jelly, pineapple, and ginger. Mix into pork and cook for 1 more hour. In the last few minutes of the pork cooking, set oven to broil and lightly toast the ciabatta rolls.
- Remove pork and place on roll. Top with mozzarella and jalapenos and sriracha (if you need more heat!). Enjoy!